We’re looking for an ambitious and empathetic Product Designer to join our London design team. In this role, you’ll work closely with Engineering and Product teams, acting as a design owner for some of our key initiatives.
We’re looking for someone who is comfortable working across all aspects of the product design process, knows what good looks like and how to deliver it.
We help our customers better understand who they are and where they come from in the world through a product suite which includes: family trees, DNA tests, native apps and a search engine with (literally) billions of historic records.
It’s a unique opportunity for a Product Designer to come to work and solve genuine people problems through design on a daily basis.
It’s also a huge opportunity for Designers to transform products and a category which is ripe for disruption.
As an organisation we’re committed to making sure our product and backlogs are shaped by customer insight (qualitative and quantitative). In this role, you’d be responsible for turning that insight into brilliant products to help our customers create and share rich stories about their ancestry.
We’re a growing team; there are lots of opportunities to grow and develop skills - either as an expert practitioner or as a design leader.
- We are passionate about career development and growth. You’ll have a personal development framework, tailored to you. We do personal objective setting and evaluation on an ongoing basis to make sure you continue to grow and develop.
- Leading design projects from concept to execution — from scope, to discovery, through to shipping multiple iterations.
- Working with specialist, multidisciplinary teams, defining the problem, setting the vision for the user experience.
- We use Sketch and Invision as our primary tools. We also use: Flinto, Marvel, Illustrator, Photoshop, Principle and AfterEffects. We’re open to new products, or best practices and we’d love you to contribute to that process.
What you might work on:
- Our Family Tree Products
- Service and product design of DNA products
- iOS and Android apps
- Search products
- Design systems and tools
- You have proven experience designing and shipping impactful products for consumer-facing tech or media companies.
- You’ve shipped app and web products.
- Good critical thinking skills - you love getting under the skin of a problem.
- You have a bias for action.
- You’re a great communicator.
- You're a team player who knows how to get the best out of your peers, team members and stakeholders.
- You know how to gather and act on customer feedback, and you’re happy to let customer insight drive your design process.
- We care about what we do
- We’re a diverse ambitious, growing team of designers, copywriters and researchers
- We’re one team, split between our London and Dundee offices
- We like bad gifs, dogs/cats, coffee,
- We make jokes - sometimes they’re funny
We're passionate about making FMP a great place to work and setting people up to succeed. Benefits include:
- Life Assurance
- Health cash plan
- Dental cash plan
- 26 Days Holiday + Bank Holidays
- Corporate gym discounts
- Cycle to work
- Season travel tickets
- Monthly Company Lunch
- Fully stocked kitchen and fresh fruit
- Regular Social Events
- Subscription to Findmypast website
Due to the high volume of applications anticipated for this role, we regret we are unable to contact you unless you are shortlisted for the selection process.