One of the leading websites for family research in the world, Findmypast has helped to transform the way people learn about their ancestors. With over 9 billion historical records, we work tirelessly to digitise the world’s archives and help people discover and share their family stories. 18 million users have registered with our products and services around the world, which include Findmypast, Genes Reunited, and the British Newspaper Archive.
We’re a British-owned company of 150 based in Shoreditch, London and Dundee, Scotland, with offices in Ireland and the United States. We work in small, cross-functional teams to solve customer and business problems. Our work combines technology and innovation with personal human stories, and we enjoy celebrating success together. There are tech demos weekly, a monthly lunch for everyone, and parties and charity activities during the year. In a continuous learning environment and a fast-moving market, there are real opportunities to gain new experiences and make a lasting mark on our product, business, and customers.
Reporting into the Performance Lead, you will take ownership of the affiliate marketing channel for the business. Are you an ambitious and talented affiliate expert? If so, this could be the right role for you.
We’re looking for a confident Affiliate Specialist to join our growing team in London and make this role their own. Enhancing and growing our affiliate programmes through iterative improvement. This will be crucial to achieving success for us in 2019 and beyond. You will be responsible for directly implementing the affiliate strategy; working alongside the channel managers.
What You'll Be Responsible For
- Developing growth opportunities for our affiliate programmes.
- Building relationships with our existing affiliate partners.
- Discovering & liaising with potential new affiliates.
- Activating affiliates through collaborative promotions & messaging.
- Developing affiliates reporting to deliver insight and drive performance.
- Collaborating with other digital marketing channels to grow revenue.
What We Are Looking For
- Previous experience in an affiliate role, working hands on with affiliate programmes.
- A people-person, able to build strong relationships with a range of partners & stakeholders.
- An ability to see insights in data and to use these to make commercially-focused recommendations.
- Strong commercial acumen; can link behaviours to business benefit and build compelling business cases.
- Proficient in MS Office.
- Experience using Google Analytics (or similar tools).
- Strong attention to detail.
- Team player with proven ability to work autonomously.
- A "self starter" and pragmatic attitude.
Desirable skills and experience
- Exposure to & understanding of other digital marketing channels.
We're passionate about making FMP a great place to work and setting people up to succeed. Benefits include:
- Life Assurance
- Health cash plan
- Dental cash plan
- 26 Days Holiday + Bank Holidays
- Corporate gym discounts
- Cycle to work
- Season travel tickets
- Monthly Company Lunch
- Fully stocked kitchen and fresh fruit
- Regular Social Events
- Subscription to Findmypast website
Due to the high volume of applications anticipated for this role, we regret we are unable to contact you unless you are shortlisted for the selection process.