We are looking for a passionate and confident agile practitioner to guide and support multiple cross-functional teams in the efficient and successful delivery of one of Findmypast’s flagship strategic initiatives. You will work directly with Product, Design and Engineering to facilitate this work, managing and removing impediments and blockers where necessary.
At Findmypast we are committed to genuinely lean/agile working practices. You will build an understanding of the capabilities and maturity of the team and work to embed these practices and coach the teams, and wider organisation, toward continuous self-improvement.
- Guiding the team and organisation on how to use Agile/Scrum practices and values to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Guiding the team on how to get the most out of cross-functionality and self-organisation.
- Guiding the team toward continuous improvement through effective use of retrospectives and other mechanisms for learning and development.
- Assessing the maturity of the teams you work with and coaching them to higher levels of maturity at a sustainable pace.
- Removing impediments or guiding the team to remove impediments that may be impacting delivery.
- Building a trusting and safe environment where problems can be raised without fear of blame, retribution, or being judged, with an emphasis of healing and problem solving.
- Facilitating getting the work done without coercion, assigning, or dictating the work.
- Facilitating discussion, decision making, and conflict resolution.
- Assisting with internal and external communication, improving transparency, and radiating information
- Capturing and understanding team delivery metrics and ensuring they are visible to the team.Supporting and educating the Product Owner, especially with respect to grooming and maintaining the product backlog.
- Providing all support to the team using a servant leadership style whenever possible, and leading by example
- Experience playing the Scrum Master role for at least one year for a software development team that was diligently applying lean/agile principles, practices, and theory.
- Clear understanding of all phases of the Agile Software Development Life Cycle and experience of supporting elements of this process.
- Good skills and knowledge of servant leadership, facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, empowerment, and increasing transparency.
- Knowledge of numerous well documented patterns and techniques for filling in the intentional gaps left in the Scrum approach (e.g: Burndown techniques, Retrospective formats, bug handling, etc.)
- Clear and confident communicator, regardless of the business role or job grade of the audience.
Preferred Skills/Experience (Any of these is a plus):
- Scrum Master certification.
- Experience playing the Scrum Master role for at least two years for a software development team that was diligently applying Agile/DevOps principles, practices, and theory.
- Knowledge of other lean/Agile approaches: XP, Kanban, BDD, etc.
- Knowledge and/or experience with widely successful Agile techniques: User Stories, TDD, Continuous Deployment, Pair Programming, Automated Testing, Agile Games.
- Basic knowledge of the core technologies used by the team.
- Experience applying a wide variety of well documented patterns and techniques for filling in the intentional gaps left in the Scrum approach (example: numerous Burndown techniques, numerous Retrospective formats, handling bugs,etc)
We're passionate about making FMP a great place to work and setting people up to succeed. Benefits include:
- Life Assurance
- Health cash plan
- Dental cash plan
- 26 Days Holiday + Bank Holidays
- Corporate gym discounts
- Cycle to work
- Season travel tickets
- Monthly Company Lunch
- Full stocked kitchen and fresh fruit
- Regular Social Events
- Subscription to Findmypast website