Senior Product Designer
We’re looking for an experienced and passionate Senior Product Designer, who wants to solve genuine people problems through design every day.
We help our customers better understand who they are and where they come from in the world through a product suite which includes: family trees, DNA tests, native apps and a search engine with (literally) billions of historic records.
Family history is a high-growth market that brings the intellectual challenge of research to the emotional experience of interacting with families and relatives.
It’s a unique opportunity for an experienced designer to transform a platform and category which is ripe for disruption.
- Leading design projects from concept to execution.
- Working with specialist, multidisciplinary teams, defining the problem and setting the vision for the user experience.
- You’ll have opportunities to develop your leadership and mentoring skills with more junior team members.
- We use Sketch and Invision as our primary tools. We also use: Flinto, Marvel, Illustrator, Photoshop, Principle and AfterEffects. We’re open to new products, or best practices and we’d love you to contribute to that.
What you might work on:
- Our Family Tree Products
- Service and product design of DNA products
- iOS and Android apps
- Search products
- Design systems and tools
- We’re looking for someone who is comfortable working across all aspects of the product design process and knows what good looks like.
- You have a proven track record of designing and shipping impactful products for consumer-facing tech or media companies.
- You have excellent critical thinking skills. You love making complicated things simple.
- You can articulate and visualise complex user flows and interactions across a whole experience
- You’re a great communicator, with no problem rationalising your decisions and working in the open.
- You're a team player who knows how to get the best out of your peers and build consensus with team members and stakeholders.
- You know instinctively when to work fast and loose, rapidly generating divergent solutions and prototypes in response to a problem. You also know when pixel perfection is required.
- You know how to gather and act on customer insight, and you’re happy to let customer feedback drive your design process.
- You’ve worked with, and helped to build design systems
- We’re a diverse, ambitious team of Designers, Copywriters and Researchers.
- We’re split between our London and Dundee offices.
- We like to collaborate and work together as much as possible.
- We believe honest, respectful critique is a crucial part of good design.
- We use too many gifs in Slack.
- We socialise and have regular team lunches - though that’s not compulsory!
- We make jokes - sometimes they’re funny.
Benefits vary by location.
We're passionate about making FMP a great place to work and setting people up to succeed. Benefits include:
- Life Assurance
- Health cash plan
- Dental cash plan
- 26 Days Holiday + Bank Holidays
- Corporate gym discounts
- Cycle to work
- Season travel tickets
- Monthly Company Lunch
- Full stocked kitchen and fresh fruit
- Regular Social Events
- Subscription to Findmypast website
Due to the high volume of applications anticipated for this role, we regret we are unable to contact you unless you are shortlisted for the selection process.