Data Visualisation Analyst
One of the leading websites for family research in the world, Findmypast has helped to transform the way people discover their ancestors. We work tirelessly to digitise and preserve the world's national archives for future generations to enjoy. We're a British-owned company with 10.5 million registered users across a plethora of websites including Findmypast (UK/US/IE/AU), Genes Reunited and The British Newspaper Archive. Our goal is to make discovery seamless for our users by surfacing the most relevant and personalised experience – drawing from the inventory of our 8 billion records.
At Findmypast, data is important to us. We process large volumes of data every day, and transform that data into information that powers decisions for our product owners and marketers. Our work has significant impact on the company decisions. We need to get it right, and we need to extract increasing value from the data we collect.
This is a key strategic role, partnering closely with BI and Digital, as a bridge from our Analytics team, connecting the dots between our analytical needs, products and marketing goals. This is a fantastic opportunity to further develop our existing reporting portfolio.
What you’ll be working on here:
- Designing, building and maintaining data visualisations and reporting templates using diverse sets of structured and unstructured data to turn data and general ideas into well-designed dashboards;
- Performing analysis of large data sets to better understand trends, relationships between variables, and to formulate predictive insights;
- Developing data models, including performance measures, to enable scorecard analysis;
- Assisting Insights & BI Manager with data, visualisation and analytics related problems and supporting BAU;
Who you are:
- You enjoy exploring data and creating easy to digest visualisations;
- You are able to work with large amounts of information and see the ‘bigger picture’, conduct and interpret quantitative and qualitative analysis;
- Develop corporate visualisation solutions derived from multiple data sources using state-of-the-art tools to enable insight and decision-making at various levels;
- You have the ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical stakeholders;
Your technical skills:
- Significant experience working with PowerBI visualisation software a must, experience with other visualisation software/tools like, Klipfolio, or Looker also preferred;
- Significant experience using DAX and Power Query experience;
- Ability to comfortably work with, and write your own SQL queries;
- Experience of building and/or maintaining tabular models is desirable;
We’re passionate about building the best Analytics team possible! Please apply now.
We're passionate about making FMP a great place to work and setting people up to succeed. Benefits include:
- Life Assurance
- Health cash plan
- Dental cash plan
- 26 Days Holiday + Bank Holidays
- Corporate gym discounts
- Cycle to work
- Season travel tickets
- Monthly Company Lunch
- Fully stocked kitchen and fresh fruit
- Regular Social Events
- Subscription to Findmypast website
Due to the high volume of applications anticipated for this role, we regret we are unable to contact you unless you are shortlisted for the selection process.