Data Integration Analyst
One of the leading websites for family research in the world, Findmypast has helped to transform the way people discover their ancestors. We work tirelessly to digitise and preserve the world's national archives for future generations to enjoy. We're a British-owned company with 18 million registered users across a plethora of websites including Findmypast (UK/US/IE/AU), Genes Reunited and The British Newspaper Archive. Our goal is to make discovery seamless for our users by surfacing the most relevant and personalized experience – drawing from the inventory of our 10 billion historical records.
At Findmypast, data is important to us. We process large volumes of data every day, and transform that data into information that powers decisions for our product owners and marketers. Our work has significant impact on the company decisions. We need to get it right, and we need to extract increasing value from the data we collect.
This is a key strategic role, partnering closely with BI and Technology, as a bridge from our analytics team, connecting the dots between our analytical needs, products and marketing goals. This is a fantastic opportunity to further develop our existing reporting portfolio.
What you’ll be working on here:
- Help create and implement data strategies for the evolution of the Power BI and Klipfolio reporting suite;
- Implement processes and logic to extract, transform, and distribute data across one or more data stores from a wide variety of sources;
- Upload data into appropriate databases in accurate and timely manner;
- Work with BI Analyst to translate functional specifications into technical designs for implementation and deployment;
- Support the Business Intelligence team in developing and steering strategies to drive continuous improvement;
- Gather requirements and implementation for the ongoing evolution of the reporting suite;
Who you are:
- Experience of working within a data and reporting focused team;
- You are passionate about technology, with an ability to master new technologies;
- You are able to identify trends and suggest improvements in processes;
- You are a problem-solving person that can produce and use complex analysis of data to develop business intelligence integration designs;
- You possess strong written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate technical subjects to non-technical audiences;
Your technical skills:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience, in related field;
- Strong understanding of SSAS and SSRS, SQL views, stored procedures, agent jobs etc.
- Excellent understanding of relational databases and dimensional models to build cubes;
- Object-oriented/object function scripting languages such as Python, Java, C++, etc.
We're passionate about making FMP a great place to work and setting people up to succeed. Benefits include:
- Life Assurance
- Health cash plan
- Dental cash plan
- 26 Days Holiday + Bank Holidays
- Corporate gym discounts
- Cycle to work
- Season travel tickets
- Monthly Company Lunch
- Fully stocked kitchen and fresh fruit
- Regular Social Events
- Subscription to Findmypast website
Due to the high volume of applications anticipated for this role, we regret we are unable to contact you unless you are shortlisted for the selection process.