Mobile Software Engineer
Findmypast are looking for Engineers that want to make a difference to join our growing Dundee team. We want passionate people that use the right technology for solving problems and like to deliver in a lean-agile environment. Together we try to find new ways to create a great experience for all our users at all times. Above all, your work will impact the way people research social and family history.
We are looking for a React Native developer interested in building performant mobile apps on both the iOS and Android platforms. You will be responsible for architecting and building these applications, as well as coordinating with the teams responsible for other layers of the product infrastructure. Building a product is a highly collaborative effort, and as such, a strong team player with a commitment to perfection is required.
What you’ll do
- Design, develop and deploy user experiences with a focus on usability, high availability, low latency and scalability.
- Collaborate closely with other engineers and become a valued member of an autonomous, cross-functional team.
- You will take operational responsibility for the services that are owned by your team and buy into a DevOps culture.
- Work in an environment that supports your individual growth through a detailed progression framework, daily learning hour, engineering guilds and attending conferences.
- Continuously improve our product by innovating on the service through the usage of A/B tests.
Who you are
- You enjoy building applications with React Native and have experience doing so.
- You love learning and will appreciate our self directed daily learning hour, mentorship, and coaching.
- You know and care about sound engineering practices like pair programming, upfront automated testing, continuous deployment, and trunk based development.
- You love working as part of a team.
- You have familiarity with native build tools, like XCode, Gradle.
- Experience with GraphQL is a plus.
The Dundee team
As one of our Dundee mobile engineers, you will join the wider group of Findmypast Dundee engineering teams delivering product engineering, data engineering, machine learning and operations and tooling. We operate in autonomous cross-functional teams of Engineers, Designers, Analytics and Product. Our working practices help us move fast but help us keep our pace sustainable and maintain a strong work-life balance. We are based in the new state of the art DC Thomson offices at Meadowside in Dundee city centre.
Our tech stack
We're passionate about making FMP a great place to work and setting people up to succeed. Benefits include:
- Life Assurance
- Health cash plan
- Dental cash plan
- 30 Days Holiday + 4 Bank Holidays
- Corporate gym discounts
- Cycle to work
- Season travel tickets
- Monthly Company Lunch
- Fully stocked kitchen and fresh fruit
- Regular Social Events
- Subscription to Findmypast website
Due to the high volume of applications anticipated for this role, we regret we are unable to contact you unless you are shortlisted for the selection process.