Technical Recruiter (3-Month Contract)
We’re hiring an experienced Technical Recruiter to partner across our teams in London and Dundee. Based remotely in Edinburgh (or in our Dundee office), you will work with a large degree of autonomy, focusing on technical roles. This is a fantastic opportunity to build on an existing recruitment function and deliver a best in class service.
One of the leading websites for family research in the world, Findmypast has helped to transform the way people learn about their ancestors. With over 9 billion historical records, we work tirelessly to digitise the world’s archives and help people discover and share their family stories. 18 million users have registered with our products and services around the world, which include Findmypast, Genes Reunited, and the British Newspaper Archive.
We’re a British-owned company of 150 based in Shoreditch, London and Dundee, Scotland, with offices in Ireland and the United States. We work in small, cross-functional teams to solve customer and business problems. Our work combines technology and innovation with personal human stories, and we enjoy celebrating success together. There are tech demos weekly, a monthly lunch for everyone, and parties and charity activities during the year. In a continuous learning environment and a fast-moving market, there are real opportunities to gain new experiences and make a lasting mark on our product, business, and customers.
What you will be doing:
- Embedding yourself, understanding team culture and articulating Findmypast’s EVP.
- Managing the end-to-end hiring process for all roles from sourcing to onboarding technical talent.
- Working closely with our Talent Acquisition Manager to select the right profiles and partner in employer branding initiatives to attract the best talent.
- Owning the technical talent acquisition function from choosing sourcing channels to defining processes.
- Delivering an exceptional candidate experience.
- Agreeing a set of metrics and measures to look back retrospectively and find ways to improve and innovate.
What We're Looking For:
- You're an expert on the tech scene in Scotland.
- Experience in an in-house role in a technology business / digital domain.
- A self-improver who wants to innovate.
- Experience handling competing priorities in a fast paced growth environment.
- You are comfortable working autonomously.
- Experience direct sourcing via: X Ray, boolean, APIs, meetups and so on.
- Ability to travel to our offices to meet our teams in London and Dundee
Due to the high volume of applications anticipated for this role, we regret we are unable to contact you unless you are shortlisted for the selection process.