Senior Product Analyst
One of the leading websites for family research in the world, Findmypast has helped to transform the way people discover their ancestors. We work tirelessly to digitise and preserve the world's national archives for future generations to enjoy. We're a British-owned company with 18 million registered users across a plethora of websites including Findmypast (UK/US/IE/AU), Genes Reunited and The British Newspaper Archive. Our goal is to make discovery seamless for our users by surfacing the most relevant and personalised experience – drawing from the inventory of our 8 billion records.
At Findmypast, experimentation is in our DNA and you will be working with our cross functional teams, aligning experiments, understanding the projected impact of product engagement on key metrics, customer behaviour, other internal projects, generating analytical insights and more.
This is a key strategic role, partnering closely with Product and Marketing, as a bridge from our Analytics team, connecting the dots between our analytical needs, products and marketing goals. This is a fantastic opportunity to further develop our existing experimentation culture, have a tangible impact on both our product road map and ultimately revenue.
What you’ll be working on here:
- Measuring the impact of our product decisions and deliver actionable insights to support marketing strategies for the product.
- Determining methods and techniques that will lead a product project into successful completion.
- Working closely with Product and Engineering teams in order to identify and utilise various data sources, both internal and external data, that promote accurate product analyses.
- Feeding experiment ideas into product delivery teams to improve product experimentation and influence the direction of product department.
- Identifying key metrics for the products and defining goals collaboratively with the Product teams.
- Assisting in the prioritisation of product efforts by assessing opportunity size and forecast impact on company KPIs.
- Informing Product teams on the trends in consumer behaviour by presenting reports that are meant to increase an overall understanding of key product metrics.
Who you are:
- Extremely detail-oriented with a strong research and analytical approach.
- You enjoy exploring data, making discoveries and understanding their implications.
- You are product-oriented, commercially-minded and user-focused with balanced technical and business perspectives.
- You are able to quickly convert complex business concepts into understandable and easy-to-manage processes with clear recommendations in a concise manner with balanced technical and business perspectives.
- You have significant experience of analysing product and content user behaviour for an online consumer software product such as an e-commerce or B2C user site.
- You have experience conducting product experiments, measuring their success and providing data driven insights from them.
- You have relevant experience with online performance analysis, optimisation platforms, statistical testing and tools, databases and data warehousing analytics.
- You're a team player with a positive and “can-do” attitude.
- You are inquisitive and a self-starter who flourishes in a fast-moving environment.
- You possess strong written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate technical subjects to non-technical audiences.
Your technical skills:
- Experience with Google Analytics 360 (including Google Tag Manager and BigQuery).
- PowerBI / Klipfolio or similar dashboard and data visualisation tools.
- Experience working in a scripting language, for example SQL, Ruby, Python and PHP.
This role will involve some travel between our London and Dundee offices. We’re passionate about building the best Analytics team possible!
We're passionate about making FMP a great place to work and setting people up to succeed. Benefits include:
- Life Assurance
- Health cash plan
- Dental cash plan
- 26 Days Holiday + Bank Holidays
- Corporate gym discounts
- Cycle to work
- Season travel tickets
- Monthly Company Lunch
- Fully stocked kitchen and fresh fruit
- Regular Social Events
- Subscription to Findmypast website
Due to the high volume of applications anticipated for this role, we regret we are unable to contact you unless you are shortlisted for the selection process.