Display and Affiliate Specialist
One of the leading websites for family research in the world, Findmypast has helped to transform the way people learn about their ancestors. With over 9 billion historical records, we work tirelessly to digitise the world’s archives and help people discover and share their family stories. 18 million users have registered with our products and services around the world, which include Findmypast, Genes Reunited, and the British Newspaper Archive.
We’re a British-owned company of 150 based in Shoreditch, London and Dundee, Scotland, with offices in Ireland and the United States. We work in small, cross-functional teams to solve customer and business problems. Our work combines technology and innovation with personal human stories, and we enjoy celebrating success together. There are tech demos weekly, a monthly lunch for everyone, and parties and charity activities during the year. In a continuous learning environment and a fast-moving market, there are real opportunities to gain new experiences and make a lasting mark on our product, business, and customers.
Reporting into the Performance Lead, you will take ownership of the Display, Affiliate & Paid Social marketing funnel for the business. Are you an ambitious and talented Display & Affiliate expert with experience working on the Google stack, and an array of networks, to deliver highly personalised display campaigns, build out our affiliates program and our paid social channel? If so, this could be the right role for you.
We’re looking for a confident Display And Affiliate Specialist to join our growing team in London and make this role their own. Improving reach and conversion from the Display and Paid social channels and enhance our affiliate network through iterative improvement. This will be crucial to achieving success for us in 2019 and beyond. You will be responsible for directly implementing the Display & Affiliate strategy; working alongside, PPC, SEO and Analytics specialists.
What You'll Be Responsible For
- Display implementation across prospecting and retargeting to drive improvements in reach, traffic generation and conversion – across multiple geographical markets.
- On-boarding new Display technology or publishers as required.
- Integrating these channels into a broader marketing strategy alongside other specialists.
- Enhancing and continually optimise affiliate network.
- Working with new and existing partners to enhance reach.
- Building out the paid social channel ensuring that social performance is optimised for the top of the funnel acquisition of customer interests.
What We Are Looking For
- Previous experience in a display role using the GMP stack.
- Experience working with a variety of creative formats.
- An ability to see insights in data and to use these to make commercially-focused recommendations.
- Previous examples of successful brand and direct response display campaigns you have run.
- Previous experience in affiliates programme management.
- Proficient in MS office.
- Strong Commercial acumen; can link behaviours to business benefit and build compelling business cases.
- Experience using Google Analytics (or similar tools).
- Strong attention to detail.
- Team player with proven ability to work autonomously.
- A "self starter" and pragmatic attitude.
Desirable skills and experience
- Experience with technical tracking tag implementation via GTM
- Google Accreditation
We're passionate about making FMP a great place to work and setting people up to succeed. Benefits include:
- Life Assurance
- Health cash plan
- Dental cash plan
- 26 Days Holiday + Bank Holidays
- Corporate gym discounts
- Cycle to work
- Season travel tickets
- Monthly Company Lunch
- Fully stocked kitchen and fresh fruit
- Regular Social Events
- Subscription to Findmypast website
Due to the high volume of applications anticipated for this role, we regret we are unable to contact you unless you are shortlisted for the selection process.