Junior UX Researcher
We’re looking for an ambitious Junior UX Researcher to join our team in Dundee.This role sits in the Design team.
About the Design Team
We value hard work, embrace ownership, and operate with autonomy. We have created a collaborative environment which encourages personal growth, whilst inspiring each other to innovate and create a better experience for our users. It’s not all hard work though, we also like to enjoy ourselves - we have regular team socialising between our Dundee and our London offices.
This role is a fantastic opportunity to use your research and insight skills to drive our roadmap, make a meaningful impact on our customers and help us deliver best-in-class family history products. The successful applicant will be a team player with a good blend of quantitative and qualitative skills, and a passion for getting under the skin of a problem. The Junior UX Researcher will report to our Head of Design but will also be mentored by our experienced researcher in London.
Essential skills and Experience
- Strong critical thinking skills.
- Previous experience working in research in a related field, a research degree or equivalent.
- Working knowledge of core user research methods:
- Interviewing formats and techniques.
- Subject matter desk research.
- Usability tests.
- Card sorts, innovation games etc.
- An understanding of when and how to apply these methods, and when to involve team members in research activities.
- You’ll understand basic techniques for analysis of research data, and how to apply them.
Desirable Skills and Experience:
- Experience working with prototyping tools like Sketch, Invision, Adobe XD and Marvel.
- You can work across multiple teams with good interpersonal and communication skills.
- You’ll be able to synthesise research findings and present them to team members in a clear, relatable way.
One of the leading websites for family research in the world, Findmypast has helped to transform the way people learn about their ancestors. With over 10 billion historical records, we work tirelessly to digitise the world’s archives and help people discover and share their family stories. 18 million users have registered with our products and services around the world, which include Findmypast, Genes Reunited, and the British Newspaper Archive.
We’re a British-owned company of 150 based in Shoreditch, London and Dundee, Scotland with offices in Ireland and the United States. We work in small, collaborative, cross-functional teams to solve customer and business problems. Our work combines technology and innovation with personal human stories, and we enjoy celebrating success together. There are tech demos weekly, a monthly lunch for everyone, and parties and charity activities during the year. In a continuous learning environment and a fast-moving market, there are real opportunities to gain new experiences and make a lasting mark on our product, business, and customers.
We're passionate about making FMP a great place to work and setting people up to succeed. Benefits include:
- Life Assurance
- Health cash plan
- Dental cash plan
- 30 Days Holiday + 4 Bank Holidays
- Corporate gym discounts
- Cycle to work
- Season travel tickets
- Monthly Company Lunch
- Fully stocked kitchen and fresh fruit
- Regular Social Events
- Subscription to Findmypast website
Due to the high volume of applications anticipated for this role, we regret we are unable to contact you unless you are shortlisted for the selection process.