We’re looking for a talented product writer who can bring a consistent and engaging voice to all that we do at Findmypast. Findmypast has more than 9 billion historical records and 18 million registered users globally, and has helped transform the way people learn about their ancestors. Family history is a high-growth market that brings the intellectual challenge of research to the emotional experience of interacting with families and relatives. You’ll have a track-record of creating engaging content with a specific audience in mind, and will be comfortable adapting to suit varied customer experiences.
This role is responsible for content throughout our platform and supporting channels. You’ll be passionate about creating a warm, human tone that is appropriate for the Findmypast audience. You’ll reassess the existing Findmaypast content with fresh eyes, setting a high-quality bar and insisting on consistency throughout site, devices, in customer comms and marketing assets.
You will work hand-in-hand with product managers and designers to deeply understand how a user will interact with a product or feature and will use customer insights to create content that delivers the best possible customer experience. You’ll know the customer deeply and will supply just the right words to ensure they get the most from each interaction on site. You’ll balance the need for a friendly tone with the need to be brief and will ensure that our customers feel that there’s a person who cares behind each feature they see.
You’ll understand the power of regular customer communications and will work closely with our CRM leads on emails and notification campaigns to re-engage customers. Similarly, you’ll assist the Acquisition team with copywriting for advertising, applying your creativity and customer focus to hone our messaging. You’ll be interested in both the creative process and also the performance of each campaign, looking for insights that help to refine communications and increase engagement over time.
You’ll be happy to roll-up your sleeves and get stuck into research, taking complicated genealogy topics and turning them into accessible educational content for a broad audience. You’ll be interested in experimenting with formats to understand what works for different audience segments and will consider how you’ll test as part of the inception of any campaign.
You’ll be aware of SEO best practices and will be skilled in employing those practices in a way that ensures copy can be aligned to both customer and search needs. You’ll monitor the content that performs well for SEO and will analyse why it’s working before continuing to build toward further SEO benefits.
With your deep knowledge of the site and the customer, you’ll be ideally placed to create knock-out Help Centre articles and will take satisfaction from creating quality content that is genuinely helpful to customers and reduces overhead on our customer service team.
- Strong written, verbal, and presentation skills. An excellent communicator at all levels. Able to build strong, collaborative relationships with cross-functional teams across the wider business.
- You will have at least 3 years writing experience, with a proven track record of delivering content for varied consumer audiences within different contexts, preferably in a commercial or educational setting.
- You’ll understand the value of good content as part of a community retention strategy and will be able to devise content strategy that reflects that goal.
- A demonstrable interest in family history (historical records, family trees, research methodologies) and passionate about customer experience. You’ll have the ability and interest to learn any of these topics quickly, where depth may not already exist.
- You’ll show a bias for action, relishing the challenge of keeping on top of emerging trends and educating the business about potential new areas for investment.
- You’ll think globally with an ability to think and build campaigns that are global in nature but localised in key areas, so as to resonate in local markets (specifically in the US and UK).
- You will embrace data-driven decision making and will utilise metrics and measurement tools to ensure you’re continuously learning and refining your approach.
Benefits vary by location.
We're passionate about making FMP a great place to work and setting people up to succeed. Benefits include:
- Life Assurance
- Health cash plan
- Dental cash plan
- 26 Days Holiday + Bank Holidays
- Corporate gym discounts
- Childcare vouchers
- Cycle to work
- Season travel tickets
- Monthly Company Lunch
- Full stocked kitchen and fresh fruit
- Regular Social Events
- Subscription to Findmypast website