Full Stack Software Engineer
Findmypast is the technology company behind the online genealogy brand Findmypast and the social history brand The British Newspaper Archive. We have millions of registered users and billions of records that we can surface to them. Engineers at Findmypast directly impact the way people research social and family history.
What you will be working on:
- Design, develop and deploy user experiences with focus on usability, high availability, low latency and scalability
- Collaborate closely with other engineers and become a valued member of an autonomous, cross-functional team
- You will take operational responsibility for the services that are owned by your team and buy into a DevOps culture
- Work in an environment that supports your individual growth through a detailed progression framework, daily learning hour, engineering guilds and attending conferences
- Continuously improve our product through experimentation, running split tests and innovating on the service
Things we believe in:
- Full stack engineering, working in collaborative cross–functional teams alongside product members
- Continuous improvement and learning – we have a self-directed daily learning hour, mentorship, and engineering guilds
- Engineering practices like pair programming, TDD, continuous integration / deployment, small and regular commits to master
- A lean-agile environment, DevOps culture and flat hierarchies
Our tech stack:
Don’t know our stack? We help our newly hired engineers get up to speed quickly with our stack through a thoughtful and supportive induction program.
You are welcome to check out our tech blog here: http://tech.findmypast.com
- 2+ years of commercial software engineering experience
- A focus on quality, with TDD experience and a willingness to pair collaboratively
We're passionate about building the best engineering team in London! Interested in learning more? Please apply now!!
We host yearly tech summits where all the engineering team members come together off site, share knowledge and hang out.
Benefits vary by location.
We're passionate about making FMP a great place to work and setting people up to succeed. Benefits include:
- Life Assurance
- Health cash plan
- Dental cash plan
- 26 Days Holiday + Bank Holidays
- Corporate gym discounts
- Childcare vouchers
- Cycle to work
- Season travel tickets
- Monthly Company Lunch
- Full stocked kitchen and fresh fruit
- Regular Social Events
- Subscription to Findmypast website