One of the leading websites for family research in the world, Findmypast has helped to transform the way people discover their ancestors. We work tirelessly to digitise and preserve the world's national archives for future generations to enjoy. We're a British-owned company with 18 million registered users across a plethora of websites including Findmypast (UK/US/IE/AU), Genes Reunited and The British Newspaper Archive. Our goal is to make discovery seamless for our users by surfacing the most relevant and personalized experience – drawing from the inventory of our 8 billion records.
At Findmypast, experimentation is in our DNA and you will be working with our cross functional teams, aligning experiments, understanding the projected impact of tests on key metrics, customer behaviour, other internal projects, generating analytical insights and more.
This is a key strategic role, partnering closely with product and marketing, as a bridge from our analytics team, connecting the dots between our analytical needs, products and marketing goals. This is a fantastic opportunity to further develop our existing experimentation culture, have a tangible impact on both our product roadmap and ultimately revenue.
What you’ll be working on here:
- Internally consulting with our cross functional teams regarding the conception, implementation, delivery and insights of A/B or Multi-Variate Tests to measure the impact of product decisions and deliver actionable insights
- Identify and utilise various data sources such as Power BI dashboards and GA data to improve experimentation throughput, explain what happened and why
- Analysing both internal and external data, feeding experiment ideas into product delivery teams which ultimately delight our users, increase revenue and reduce churn
- Assisting in the prioritisation of product efforts by assessing opportunity size and forecasting impact of experiments
- Train internal stakeholders on best practices to increase data fluency and self-service across the company.
- Participate in the planning, evaluation and selection of analytics & experimentation tools for the business.
Who you are:
- Extremely detail-oriented with a strong research and analytical approach
- You enjoy exploring data, making discoveries and understanding their implications
- You are product-oriented, commercially-minded and user-focused
- 4+ years of demonstrated experience analysing product and content user behaviour for an online consumer software product such as an e-commerce or B2C user site
- Experience conducting product experiments, measuring their success and providing data driven insights from them
- Relevant experience with online performance analysis, optimisation platforms, statistical testing and tools, databases & web analytics.
- Team player with positive and “can-do” attitude, excellent interpersonal skills, inquisitive, self-starter, energetic and striving in a fast-moving environment.
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal; ability to present data and its implications in a clear, concise manner; balanced technical and business perspectives.
- Experience with tools such as Optimizely and Google Analytics Premium
- PowerBI / Tableau / Looker or similar
Desirable skills / experience:
- Python / R
This role will involve some travel between our London and Dundee offices. We’re passionate about building the best Analytics team possible! Please apply now.