DevOps Engineers at Findmypast ensure our customer’s family history discoveries never stop. We act as a force multiplier for all Findmypast engineers. We design, code, and operate tools and systems to reduce the amount of time and effort necessary for our engineers to deliver one of the world’s best online genealogy platforms. We are strong believers in engineering teams taking operational responsibility for their products and work hard to support them in this. We work closely with engineers to advocate sensible, scalable, systems design and share responsibility with them in diagnosing, resolving, and preventing production issues.
What you’ll do
- As a member of a small multi-functional team, you’ll be responsible for all infrastructure at Findmypast
- Design and document systems, including writing and reviewing code, to automate solutions within your team’s domain.
- Undertake measured, strict, troubleshooting of complicated systems and potentially resolve time-critical incidents.
- Partake in an on-call rotation alongside the engineers who build our production backend.
Who you are
- You have a broad knowledge profile and really excel in some areas, such as Puppet, Kubernetes or Docker.
- You have deep knowledge of Linux (we use Ubuntu) and all layers of the networking stack. You should be confident discussing in detail what’s going on under the hood.
- You are comfortable with large scale production systems and technologies, for example load balancing, monitoring, distributed systems, microservices, and configuration management.
- You have experience from designing and executing small to medium scale systems automation projects with strong autonomy.
- You are familiar with and enthusiastic for software engineering best practices such as testing, continuous integration and continuous deployment
- You have a passion for solving problems using open source software
- You thrive in a rapidly evolving environment
Benefits vary by location.
We're passionate about making FMP a great place to work and setting people up to succeed. Benefits include:
- Life Assurance
- Health cash plan
- Dental cash plan
- 26 Days Holiday + Bank Holidays
- Corporate gym discounts
- Childcare vouchers
- Cycle to work
- Season travel tickets
- Monthly Company Lunch
- Full stocked kitchen and fresh fruit
- Regular Social Events
- Subscription to Findmypast website