Customer Engagement Executive
One of the leading websites for family research in the world, Findmypast has helped to transform the way people learn about their ancestors. With over 9 billion historical records, we work tirelessly to digitise the world’s archives and help people discover and share their family stories. 18 million users have registered with our products and services around the world, which include Findmypast, Genes Reunited, and the British Newspaper Archive.
We’re a British-owned company of 150 based in Shoreditch, London and Dundee, Scotland, with offices in Ireland and the United States. We work in small, cross-functional teams to solve customer and business problems. Our work combines technology and innovation with personal human stories, and we enjoy celebrating success together. There are tech demos weekly, a monthly lunch for everyone, and parties and charity activities during the year. In a continuous learning environment and a fast-moving market, there are real opportunities to gain new experiences and make a lasting mark on our product, business, and customers.
Findmypast is looking for a Customer Engagement Executive to assist the Customer Engagement team in building, sending and reporting on marketing campaigns, across all channels (including email, social, mobile and on-site) for multiple brands and territories. This role is pivotal to the business as we continue to grow and drive engagement via personalised, direct communication.
- Supporting the end-to-end delivery of email & social campaigns across four Findmypast territories (UK, Ireland, US/Canada, Australia/New Zealand) and sister brands such as British Newspaper Archive and Genes Reunited.
- Working with the CRM team to support the team strategy, including helping to plan content, creating and monitoring data segments; through to testing and deployment.
- Composing copy and design briefs for ad-hoc sales campaigns; discount code creation, email build and scheduling.
- Posting content to Facebook in line with company social media strategy.
- Creating social video content following simple templates.
- Supporting the Customer Engagement team in the delivery of new digital communications and initiatives, including email, social, mobile and on-site and A/B testing.
- Monitoring the Customer Service channel to identify and resolve CRM-related issues.
- Liaising with our Design team to ensure emails render perfectly and are as targeted as possible using dynamic content and personalisation rules.
- Maintaining the CRM calendar and testing plan.
- Working with the CRM team to monitor KPIs and taking actions to offset under-performance.
- Contributing to the quarterly performance overview – looking at best/worst performing campaigns.
- Spotting opportunities to use data to improve current email communication and create new email communication to increase revenue.
- Working alongside the Community Manager to compile fortnightly social reports and monitor activity from and between community members.
- Collaborating with the wider marketing and trading teams in campaign planning and strategy.
- Experience working with digital marketing, CRM (including ESP) and social tools.
- Basic to intermediate level of HTML.
- Commercially minded with campaign performance and reporting skills - KPIs across campaigns, trending reports, and providing recommendations for increased performance.
- Knowledge of key email fundamentals (spam compliance, deliverability, bounces etc.).
- Understanding and experience of A/B testing.
- Creative mindset with an exceptional eye for detail and quality.
- Able to prioritise multiple tasks and work to tight deadlines whilst remaining calm under pressure.
- Self-motivated, proactive, autonomous and confident in taking on the responsibility of new challenges and projects.
- Demonstrates flexibility and professionalism in an environment where change is constant.
- Able to manage day-to-day relationships with internal stakeholders to execute campaigns accurately on budget and on time.
- Able to build relationships and work cross functionally, with excellent communication skills.
- Highly computer literate with advanced knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite.
- Experience with Selligent is desirable.
- Experience with Web Analytics tools (Google Analytics, BI tools), knowledge and experience in customer service is desirable.
- Undergraduate degree preferred.
- General interest in genealogy and family history.
Benefits vary by location.
We're passionate about making FMP a great place to work and setting people up to succeed. Benefits include:
- Life Assurance
- Health cash plan
- Dental cash plan
- 26 Days Holiday + Bank Holidays
- Corporate gym discounts
- Cycle to work
- Season travel tickets
- Monthly Company Lunch
- Full stocked kitchen and fresh fruit
- Regular Social Events
- Subscription to Findmypast website