Contract Front End Developer
Working on our DNA Team, your role will be to work with our Web Designer and our Back End Engineer to build a first class user experience for our new DNA product.
You will lead the implementation of all front end components, and be capable of taking a design and building it into well-structured CSS and HTML, in line with Findmypast’s coding standards.
During the course of the quarter we will be running a number of multi-variant tests so an understanding of AB testing and experimentation would be beneficial.
You will be responsible for…
- Working with our Designer to ensure there is a balance between design and technical considerations.
- Working with our Back End Engineer to implement these designs with our React-based website.
- Providing accurate estimates for engineering tasks and ensuring delivery against these estimates.
- Working with Engineers doing pair programming where appropriate.
- Ensuring that your work falls in line with our quality standards.
- Writing unit and automated tests where appropriate and ensuring all your work is manually tested.
- Strong knowledge of HTML and CSS.
- Working using React.
- Experience working in cross-functional teams with Designers and Back End Engineers.